Youth Athletic Development at ADPT by Cynergy
Our youth athletic development program provides a logical and evidence-based approach to the progressive development of physical performance in young athletes.
Our goal is to provide athletes with the fundamental skills that are needed to succeed and maximize performance in their respective sport. We have the ability to provide periodic and individualized programs that will develop strength, power and improve linear acceleration, multi-directional speed, footwork/agility, coordination, and endurance.
We aim to improve athletes’ athletic profiles and identify “red flags” or movement patterns that put athletes at risk. We will target weak links and implement corrective strategies through our physical therapy expertise that will improve movement efficiency, reduce injury risk and ultimately help them reach performance potential.
Youth Age Requirements: 10-18 years old
KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL, LONG-TERM
YOUTH ATHLETIC DEVELOPMENT:
- Long-term athletic development programs should accommodate for the highly individualized and non-linear nature of the growth and development of youth.
- Youth of all ages, abilities, and aspirations should engage in long-term athletic development programs that promote both physical fitness and psychosocial well-being.
- All youth should be encouraged to enhance physical fitness from early childhood, with a primary focus on motor skills and muscular strength development.
- Youth athletes should participate in physical activities that help reduce the risk of injury to ensure their ongoing participation in sport.
- The youth athlete will be provided with a range of training modes to enhance both health and skill-related components of fitness.
- The program of the youth athlete will be individualized, systematically, and pedagogically progressed for successful short and long-term athletic development.